Your 6-Step DIY Beauty Routine To Get Party Ready
You’ve found the perfect dress, killer shoes, and you’ve nailed down your accessories.
But when it comes to your skin, you’re feeling less than fab?
Sure, the mirror shows your beautiful smile and eyes, but if your skin is dull, your eyes are puffy, and or there is a big ‘ole zit on your chin, we’ve got you covered!
Whether you’re a guest at or the host of an upcoming soiree, here are six simple DIY beauty treatments to the rescue!
1. DIY a facial mask
The best thing after a facial is how much your skin’s appearance continues to improve days afterward. Yet, facial masks are great any time you need them.
If your skin is look dull and sallow, hydrate your skin with avocado. You’ll need:
- ½ ripe avocado
- 1 teaspoon of organic, plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of honey
Channel your inner Elphaba! Mash the avocado before adding the honey and yogurt. If your skin is especially dry, add one or two teaspoons of olive oil as well. Apply to face and leave for 10-15 minutes.
To reduce the size of pores and relieve oily skin, egg whites are your ally. You’ll need:
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon of fresh orange juice
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric
The proteins in egg whites work brilliantly on oily skin types, helping to fight acne bacteria and tighten pores. Orange juice adds a health dose of Vitamin C and citric acic, and turmeric brightens your skin and more.
Turmeric stains, though, so wear an old t-shirt while working with it and keep wipes nearby for slip ups. Just mix it up and leave the mask on for fifteen minutes. Remove this DIY beauty mask with water once it hardens.
2. Exfoliate with a sugar scrub.
If your face or body is looking dull, dry, and drab, combine ½ cup white or brown sugar with ¼ coconut or olive oil. (Use brown sugar if you have sensitive skin since it’s less abrasive.) Standing in the shower or bathtub (to minimize mess!), apply this scrub using gentle, circular motions and rinse with cold water.
3. Treat discolored skin with natural oils and juices.
Natural oils and juices can soothe, lighten, and heal the skin. Massage discolored skin with castor oil to smooth out skin and break down over-productive melanin or spot treat discolored skin with lemon juice to help lighten the skin and remove rough patches.
4. Spot treat pesky bumps.
While bigger bumps and acne are going to need more time to heal than smaller ones, all hope is not lost! Instead, try these:
- For under-the-skin pimples: It’s not coming to the surface and it’s not going anywhere so, annihilate it with a honey-clove spot treatment. Add eight drops of clove essential oil and one teaspoon of ground nutmeg to two ounces of raw honey. Apply twice daily for the best results.
- For stubborn pimples and bumps: Use one teaspoon of jojoba oil as your carrier oil, which will also help you avoid over-drying your skin. For every teaspoon of the oil, add four drops of lavender tea tree oil. Spot treat a few days before the event.
- For a quick fix: If you don’t have time for essential oils: Dilute a little white vinegar or apple cider vinegar with water and spot treat bumps. Its astringent properties will constrict blood vessels and reduce the size of the bump. Never apply essential oils directly to your skin.
5. Combat puffy eyes with tea.
Caffeine helps to constrict blood vessels, reducing darkness and puffiness.
Banish puffy eyes with this recipe: Steep black tea bags in hot water for 30 seconds. Squeeze out excess water and chill. Once cool, lay the bags over your eyes for five minutes. You can repeat this each day leading up to your event.
6. Refresh your whole body with an Epsom salt bath.
Say goodbye to dry, itchy skin and an achy body! Epsom salt baths soften the skin and reduces inflammation. Pour three cups of Epsom salt into a tub of hot water and soak in the mixture for 10-15 minutes, or until you feel relaxed but aren’t a prune.
These DIY beauty treatments will heal and pamper your skin, just in time for your event. Breathe deep: Your big night is going to be amazing and you’re going to look and feel amazing.
Recommended For You…