The New York Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2016 Backstage Beauty Report: DIY The Boho Twisted Half-Up, Half-Down Hairstyle Seen At Del Pozo Spring/Summer 2016
Designer: Del Pozo
Lead Hair Stylist: Moroccanoil Creative Director Antonio Corral Calero
The Scoop: Evoking a gypsy or bohemian-like style, this soft, natura boho l hair look perfectly complimented the structured, modern designs and silhouettes of Del Pozo’s 2016 collection.
How To DIY Boho Hair
- Optional: if the hair is not naturally long, apply 22-24” extensions throughout head.
- Starting with damp hair, apply Moroccanoil Treatment and Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream to create the foundation of the boho hair style.
- Blow dry hair sleek and smooth using a boar bristle brush.
- Once thoroughly dry, create a deep left side part.
- Gather 3” sections at each side of the part and mist with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray. Comb sections back behind the ears and secure underneath the bulk of the hair at the nape of the neck with an elastic. This small ponytail should be hidden.
- Use a Titanium Ceramic Hairstyling Iron to iron all of the loose hair, gently rolling the iron from the mid-shaft to ends to create a natural bend.
- Using a boar bristle brush, brush all of the loose hair smooth. Pull two sections from each side of the head into a very low and loose 1/2 ponytail—about mid-back—and secure with an elastic.
- Use your finger to divide the ponytail in half above the elastic (creating a hole). Flip the ponytail up and through the hole to create the twisted style.
- Set your boho hair style with a gentle mist of Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray.
Recommended For You…