How To DIY An Undone Boho Rope Braid
Designer: Rebecca Minkoff
Lead Hair Stylist: Tommy Bucket for Garnier Fructis
The Scoop:Celebrity hairstylist Tommy Bucket created a 70’s inspired boho rope braid. The unexpected twist on a classic braid, brought textured style to models’ hair, complimenting the collection’s bohemian aesthetic.
How To DIY A Boho Rope Braid
- Prep hair with Garnier Fructis De-Constructed Beach Chic Texturizing Spray and Garnier Fructis Full & Plush Mega Full Thickening Lotion to create a rough base.
- Using a flatiron, bend sections of hair back and forth to create initial body and encourage additional texture.
- Part hair down the center and pull it back into a ponytail at the nape of the neck, securing with an elastic hair tie.
- To create more texture, fullness and overall hold, generously spray Garnier Fructis De-Constructed Texture Tease throughout the gathered hair, from root to end.
- Separate ponytail into two equal sections. Roll them each counter-clockwise, continuing to apply product to achieve maximum texture and hold.
- Twist the 2 pieces together to create an undone rope braid, securing it at the bottom with a hair tie.
- Use fingers to separate and rough the surface of the braid to create an effortless boho look.
- Set the look by spraying with Garnier Fructis Sheer Set Extreme Hold Breathable Hairspray.
- Apply Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Miracle Dry Oil to the front sections of the center part for clean, radiant shine.
Recommended For You…