The Paris Fashion Week Fall/Winter 2015 Backstage Beauty Report: Chic, Shiny Chignon
Lead Hair Stylist: Redken Global Creative Director Guido
The Scoop: “At Balenciaga, I created this very chic, sculpted chignon on the top of the crown that really accentuates the long neck and gives you a beautiful, elegant silhouette. It’s kind of futuristic feeling in the way it’s molded to the head, but it’s still very polished and stylized, which makes the style look very new to the eye again… Though the shape is based on something classic, the shiny, lacquer-like finish gives it a new, modern feeling,” said Guido.
How To DIY A Chic, Shiny Chignon
- Spray Redken Pillow Proof Blow Dry Express Primer all over damp hair and comb through.
- Apply a quarter-size amount of Redken Guts 10 Volumizing Spray-Foam Mousse to damp hair, working into the hair from roots to ends.
- Blow dry hair straight using a flat brush.
- Gather hair into a high ponytail. If desired (see step 7), leave two small pieces out on each side. Secure the high ponytail with an elastic at the crown of the head.
- Twist ponytail into a wide, flat chignon that’s molded to the head and secure with U-shaped pins.
- Thoroughly spray Redken Forceful 23 Super Strength Hairspray and Diamond Oil High Shine Airy Mist for a lacquer-like finish.
- If desired, flatiron the two small pieces of hair on each side of the head to create the illusion of sideburns.