Join Pantene Beautiful Lengths: Donate Your Hair, Help A Woman In Need
Last year I told you about the Pantene Beautiful Lengths campaign, and well, this year my passion for this incredible program has only grown. (And not just because I recently chopped of my long locks!)
You see, it’s because I know the impact that a haircut can have on your confidence. And, more impressively, the impact your discarded hair can have on the life of a woman fighting cancer.
Sadly, I know too many women that have lost their hair during cancer treatment. The odds are that you do too. From this, I know how devastating losing your hair can have on your self confidence – and, even more powerfully, the influence knowing you look good can have on how you feel.
How can you help?
Well, you can get ready change the life of someone else – and get a makeover in the process! – by taking part in Pantene’s National Donate Your Hair Day on Saturday, November 22nd.
On this day, you can join the nearly 600,000 people who have – in just the last 8 years! – donated their hair to Pantene Beautiful Lengths, in partnership with HairUWear. As a result of your trendy new chop, you’ll help to turn your discarded locks into FREE, real-hair, wigs, which are then distributed by the American Cancer Society to women undergoing cancer treatment.
Plus, you’ll get an awesome new haircut too!
Here’s what you need to know…
In order to donate your hair to Pantene Beautiful Lengths, you must:
- Have at least 8” of hair to donate.
- Not dye, bleach, or chemically process your hair.
- Have less than 5% gray hair.
Live in the NYC or LA area? Make an appointment to have your hair cut and donated for FREE at Pantene’s National Donate Your Hair Day salon events! Click here for details!
Not in NYC or LA? Make an appointment with your local salon and bring these guidelines with you. They may not be familiar with the Pantene Beautiful Lengths program, but click here so you know what to tell ’em.
Not able to donate your hair for one of these reasons? You can still help! Here’s how:
- Host a fundraising event
- Plan a hair donation event in your community
- Inspire others by sharing your experience with Pantene Beautiful Lengths on social media. (Tag us so we can ReTweet, of course!)
Don’t have 8” yet, but want to start prepping for next year? Here’s how to keep your hair growing long and strong…
- Use conditioner after every wash to keep hair moisturized and protected.
- Use a spray, leave-in conditioner for extra protection when using heated hair appliances.
- Look for new technology in your drying and styling tools to help minimize damage.
- Avoid excessive teasing of hair.
- Use deep-conditioning treatments once a week.
- Don’t use a brush on wet hair. Instead, use a comb with smooth, wide-set teeth to gently detangle hair, working from tip to root.
- Don’t blow-dry soaking wet hair. Instead, towel-wrap your hair for 10-15 minutes to remove excess water before using a blow-dryer.
- Don’t overbrush hair. Despite the common myth that 100 strokes a day are good for hair, it can lead to breakage.
- Don’t wait more than 8 weeks in between hair cuts.
Need inspiration? Check out these celebrities’ short do’s for ideas!