The New York Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2016 Backstage Beauty Report: Undone Hair With Texture
Designer: Derek Lam
Lead Hair Stylist: Orlando Pita for PHYTO Paris/BaByliss Pro USA
The Scoop: The undone hair with texture complements the Spring/Summer 2015 Collection – a little undone with texture and ease. The look is “the I don’t care, but I do.”
How To DIY Derek Lam’s Undone Hair With Texture
- Part the hair to the side (a bit off center or how the hair naturally falls).
- To prep the hair, add 1-2 pumps of PHYTO PHYTOKeratine Extreme Exceptional Cream to hair. Blow dry hair but do not brush.
- Straighten hair with BaBylissPRO® Nano Titanium™ 1” Ultra-Thin Flatiron.
- Then, using the BaBylissPRO® Nano Titanium™ 1” Spring Curling Iron, wrap hair once around the barrel, then pull the iron down to create a wave without volume. Rake the hair back and create a top section with partings on either side.
- Combine two oils: PHYTO Huile Supreme Rich Smoothing Oil and PHYTO Huile Soyeuse Lightweight Hydrating Oil. Twist hair into a bun at the crown. Let the hair set for ten minutes then un-do bun. Tousle and run fingers through hair to create a piecey, un-coiffed look.
- Finish the undone hair with texture with PHYTO Professional Phytolaque Soie Light Hold Hairspray for shine and control.