How To DIY A Braided Updo Hairstyle
At the 2015 Golden Globes actress Emily Blunt radiated in a grecian gown paired with a gorgeously braided updo secured at the nape of her neck.
Styled by Laini Reeves, the braided updo gave Emily’s gown a youthful touch, but we love this braided updo for everything from a black tie wedding to brunch with the girls.
How To DIY Emily Blunt’s Braided Updo
- Apply Malin+Goetz Sage Styling Creme to damp hair.
- With a tail comb, create a center part.
- Blow dry the hair until dry.
- Apply Serge Normant Dream Big Volume Spray before blowdrying again to create a tousled texture, to help hold the braid.
- Divide the hair in half and create an inside out braid at the nape of the neck on each side.
- Cross the two braids over each other at the nape of the neck and secure with bobby pins.
- Spray once again for hold.