Treat Your Tresses To This DIY Hot Oil Hair Treatment
Hair feeling the effects of a summer (well) spent in the sun, sand, and salt water?
Treat your tresses to this hair healing hot oil treatment from Cutler/Redken stylist Micki Charles. It’s like the hot oil treatments you did in the late 90s (just us?!) but better… because you DIY’d it – and know what’s in it!
DIY Hot Oil Hair Treatment
- Choose your favorite virgin, organic oil – coconut and almond are great options.
- Add a few drops of rosemary or lavender oil to add more shine and boost the relaxation aspect of the treatment.
- Heat the oil on your stove slowly (do not simmer or boil, you only want it warmed up).
- Massage the warm oil into your hair and scalp. Cover with a plastic shower cap.
- PRO TIP: Use only on your ends if you have finer hair.
- Leave this treatment on for at least 15 minutes and rinse with a gentle shampoo.