Backstage Beauty Report: The Low Pony
Designer: Hugo Boss
Lead Hair Stylist: Redken Global Creative Director Guido
The Scoop: Redken Global Creative Director Guido added a sense of ease and sophistication to the runway for Hugo Boss’s Spring/Summer 2016 show with a simple, clean low pony that perfectly complemented the designer’s modern, cool collection. “Hugo Boss beauty is always very simple and clean, but there is a progression every season, so it always feels modern and updated. This season, the woman is very intelligent and sophisticated, maybe a little artsy, and there’s a little reference to the mid-90s with the minimalistic look,” said Guido.
How To DIY A Perfect Low Pony
- Spray Redken pillow proof blow dry express primer all over damp hair and comb through.
- Apply 4 – 5 pumps of Redken glow dry style-enhancing blow-dry oil throughout damp hair.
- Use fingers to create a deep side part and use a fine-tooth comb to smooth the hair along the part.
- Pull hair back into a sleek, low ponytail and secure with an elastic.
- Apply an additional 2 – 3 pumps of Redken glow dry style-enhancing blow-dry oil on the top of the hair and throughout the length of the low pony for additional instant shine.
Recommended For You…