The New York Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2016 Backstage Beauty Report: Effortless Waves
Lead Hair Stylist: TRESemmé Stylist Jeanie Syfu
The Scoop: The Rachel Zoe Spring/Summer 2016 collection was inspired by the jet-setting ways of the carefree, easy-going Gypset. Donned with fringe, sequins and intricate patterns, the collection includes everything from flowing hemlines to tuxedo separates. TRESemmé Stylist Jeanie Syfu worked with the glamorous nature of the collection to create an effortless, loose wave hair look.
How To DIY Effortless Waves
- Apply TRESemmé TRES Extra Firm Control Mousse through damp hair, and blow-dry with hands until 90% dry.
- Next, lightly touch-up the top of the head using a round brush keeping a natural, fluffy texture.
- Starting on top, create pin curls with a 1 1/4-inch curling iron in the same direction and pin flat to the head. Repeat until the hair is completely pinned.
- Release pins, comb out the curls and separate the hair into center part. Enhance the ridges horizontally with the clamps of the curling iron.
- Comb through hair with a wide-tooth comb and mist look with TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Frizz-Free Hold Hairspray for soft, natural waves.