The New York Fashion Week Fall/Winter 2015 Backstage Beauty Report: Undone Braided Bun
Designer: Marissa Webb
Lead Hair Stylist: TRESemmé Stylist Jeanie Syfu
The Scoop: Theollection is utilitarian and structured, taking influence from Bianca Jagger by flirting with the line between femininity and masculinity. TRESemmé Stylist Jeanie Syfu created two hairstyles that echo the shapes and diverse contrasts in the collection, but this braided bun is our favorite!
How To DIY An Undone Braided Bun:
- Prep wet hair with TRESemmé Perfectly (un)Done Wave Creating Sea Foam and rough dry; lightly finish the hairline and ends with a Mason Pearson brush.
- Using a tail comb, create a center part from the forehead to the middle of the crown, then part hair from ear to ear and back brush this section for added texture. Next, pull top section of hair straight back and secure with an elastic.
- Divide the remaining hair into two parts and back brush, then tie sections into a knot at the top of the ponytail and begin a three-strand braid through the lengths, fasten ends with an elastic.
- Wrap the lengths of the braid into a bun at the nape of the neck and secure with large hairpins.
- Complete look with TRESemmé Perfectly (un)Done Ultra Brushable Hairspray.