The New York Fashion Week Fall/Winter 2015 Backstage Beauty Report: The Accessorized Chignon
Designer: Dolce & Gabbana
Lead Hair Stylist: Guido, Redken Global Creative Director
The Scoop: Dolce & Gabbana’s Fall/Winter 2015 runway show celebrated mothers and la famiglia with a genuine and beautiful look from head to toe. To enhance the story, Redken Global Creative Director Guido created a feminine, loose accessorized chignon adorned with charming broaches, pearls and jewels that might have been found in a mother’s jewelry box in the ‘50s. “The idea for the hair is this woman getting out of bed and just pinning her hair up in an easy, feminine and beautiful way… It’s a look that a busy mother can easily do in the morning – it’s not perfect and the accessories aren’t perfect, but that’s what gives the look its charm,” said Guido.
How To DIY An Accessorized Chignon
- Apply a quarter-size amount of Redken Guts 10 volumizing spray-foam mousse to damp hair, working into the hair from roots to ends.
- Use fingers to create a messy natural part.
- Rough blow dry hair until it is 90% dry, letting it fully dry naturally.
- Thoroughly mist Redken Wind Blown 05 dry finishing spray all over dry hair to add some texture.
- Emulsify a nickel-size amount of Redken Braid Aid 03 braid defining lotion in hands, and apply to dry hair from mid-lengths to ends for added grip.
- Twist hair back into a loose, messy chignon that hangs over the ears, and secure with small U-shaped pins.
- Spray Redken Wind Blown 05 dry finishing spray all over for airy texture.
- Finish the look by adding accessories or jewelry of choice.