How To DIY A Double Braided Headband
When it comes to braiding my own hair, I’ve barely mastered the wrapped braided bun.
So when I was invited to get my hair braided my Kerastase’s superstar stylists, let’s just say I was skeptical I’d be able to recreate the double braided headband ever again.
But oh how I was wrong.
Armed with Kerastase’s new book, The Couture Book Of Braids, and some of their new launches (most noteably Matérialiste, an all-over thickening spray gel that adds three dimensions of volume to hair: lift, body, and thickness), I had all the tools I needed to DIY this double braided headband all by myself.
Here’s how to DIY this boho braided updo…
How To DIY The Double Braided Headband
- Use Kerastase Matérialiste from roots to ends, making sure to spray into hands then work through hair.
- Casually section the hair into two parts.
- Use the left section to create a 3-strand braid, going from the nape to the back the right ear, adding hair from the top of the head each time. Secure the end with an elastic.
- Repeat on the right side.
- Secure the braided headband in place, over the top of your head, with hair pins.
- Finish with a spray of Kerastase Laque Couture.
For more DIY braid looks from Kerastase, check out their new book, The Couture Book Of Braids.