Backstage Beauty Report: How To DIY A Figure-8 Chignon
Designer: Monique Lhuillier Spring/Summer 2016
Lead Hair Stylist: Recine for Moroccanoil
The Scoop: This slick, wet-lookingFigure-8 Chignon featured an unconventional knotted bun that was perfectly polished and complemented the structure and texture play seen throughout Monique’s spring/summer 2016 collection.
How To DIY A Figure-8 Chignon
- Starting with damp hair, use your fingers to comb Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse through strands from root-to-tip.
- Rough dry hair with a blow drier and your fingers.
- For a high-shine style, generously mist entire head with Moroccanoil Glimmer Spray.
- Using a wide-tooth comb, comb hair to the back center of the head and secure with an elastic.
- Thread a 4” piece of elastic horizontally through the center of the ponytail (behind the pony elastic), and leave loose for the next step.
- Gently twist ponytail into a Figure-8 Chignon, tucking in any loose ends. Then pull each side of the threaded elastic around the chignon and tie in a knot at the center to secure chignon in place.
- Set the Figure-8 Chignon with a generous mist of Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray.