How To Get Killer Hair Texture, As Seen On The Runway At New York Fashion Week
Designer: Raquel Allegra
Lead Hair Stylist: Joseph DiMaggio, Master Session Ambassador for Davines North America
The Scoop: “When talking with Raquel, our muse this season was a 70’s disco girl, who is part rock -and -roll and part boho. We worked with each girl’s natural texture to create simple, free flowing hair that conveyed her individuality. Nothing was overdone and the finished look had an understated coolness that matched the designer’s Californian vibe,” said DiMaggio.
So, how does one get the best hair texture?
Read on, pretty lady!
How To Get Runway-Ready Hair Texture
- Apply the NEW Davines Your Hair Assistant Blow Dry Primer to damp hair from roots to end.
- Section the hair where the natural part is, then separate ear to ear.
- Split the back of the hair into two sections at the occipital bone.
- Take a 1-inch section and roughly hand dry the hair with a blow dryer from roots to end.
- From mid shaft to ends, wrap the hair around a 1-inch curling wand to create a natural texture.
- Repeat on all sections of hair.
- Apply NEW Davines Your Hair Assistant Definition Mist from the roots to the mid shaft to create a collapsed root that is flatter to the head, with the ends more voluminous.
- If you have finer textured hair, apply NEW Davines This Is A Dry Texturizer from midshaft and ends to pump up the volume and texture.
- Finish the look with NEW Davines Your Hair Assistant Perfecting Hairspray.