The New York Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2016 Backstage Beauty Report: French Braid Updo
Designer: J Mendel
Lead Hair Stylist: James Pecis for Beauty.com
The Scoop: The beauty look at J Mendel’s spring/summer 2016 show at New York Fashion Week was inspired by Japanese paintings and print making, both of which are done by hand and delicate. The French braid updo reflects the spring/summer 2016 collection which light, airy and super-feminine.
How To DIY A French Braid Updo
- Prep hair with PHYTO Phytovolume Actif Volumizing Spray. Work in from root to ends.
- Curl with a 1 1/2″ curling iron and part hair slightly off to the left.
- Apply PHYTO Phyto Professional Matte Texturizing Paste from root to ends to create separation.
- Start a very loose braid from the crown down, adding hair as you go. Braid to end then secure with an elastic.
- Roll braid up inside and pin. Secure with bobby pins.
- Finish the French braid updo with PHYTO Phytolaque Soie Light Hold Hairspray
Photography credit: Erin Baiano for Beauty.com