Christian Dior’s Glossed Top Knots For The Win
Top-knots and wet locks may be your go-to summer style, but before you pack away the Goody Spin Pins and pull out the dry shampoo, take note from the Fall 2013 Christian Dior runway show where Redken Creative Consultant Guido created a slick chignon with a hint of 1950’s glamour made modern with a wet-looking finish.
Your skin may be dry this time of year, but as Guido told us backstage at Fashion Week, “dry super-matte hair feels a bit flat to me, and shine helps breathe life into a look…The texture is what adds an element to an otherwise very uptown look”
How To DIY Glossy Swirled Top Knots As Seen At Christian Dior
1. Apply Redken guts 10 root targeted volume spray foam to damp hair section by section from roots to end.
2. Partially blow-dry only the front section of the hair, pulling up from the roots with your fingers as you dry to give the style height at the crown. Leave the lengths of the hair damp and continue to style.
3. Using your fingers, part hair slightly off-center with your fingers.
4. Take the top section of the hair that you blow-dried and clip off to the side.
5. Gather the rest of the hair into a high ponytail, secure with an elastic, and then twist into small chignon, pinning flat to the head as you twist.
6. Unclip the front section and separate into two on the left and right side of the part. Pull the left section back into the chignon wrapping it around and pinning as you go. Repeat with the right-side section.
7. Spray entire style with a generous amount of Redken forceful 23 super strength finishing spray.Photos Courtesy of Redken