Backstage Beauty Report: DIY Alberta Ferretti’s Gold-Wrapped Updo
Designer: Alberta Ferretti
Lead Hair Stylist: Redken Global Creative Director Guido
The Scoop: In classic Alberta Ferretti style, Redken Global Creative Director Guido styled soft, feminine updos to add romance to the runway at the designer’s Spring/Summer 2016 show. “The Alberta Ferretti woman is always very beautiful and feminine, and this look is exactly that. It’s a little late-70s or early-80s feeling with the soft hairlines and a little bit of height at the top, but overall it’s very simple,” explained Guido. He continued, “it’s very loose and soft, almost like the girls were playing with their hair and then just kind of pulled it up, and then twisted the front pieces back around the head, accentuating it with the gold thread so it’s almost like a bit of jewelry in the hair. I like that we can put a little something in our hair, even something as small as a piece of thread, to make a very simple style look so special.”
How To DIY Alberta Ferretti’s Gold-Wrapped Updo
- Spray Redken pillow proof blow dry express primer all over damp hair and comb through.
- Blow dry hair using a round brush to create volume at the roots.
- Thoroughly spray Redken wind blown 05 dry finishing spray all over hair for added texture.
- Use fingers to create a deep side part.
- Take the back section of hair and twist up into a ponytail and secure with gold elastic.
- Twist the length of the ponytail around the head and secure with hair pins.
- Wrap the gold elastic multiple times around each of the two front sections of hair, and then twist each section around the head, securing in the back with hair pins.
- Pull out baby hairs and random strands to soften the hairline before finishing with another mist of Redken wind blown 05 dry finishing spray.
Recommended For You…