DIY A Fishtail Chignon
Looking for a new glamorous up do – or just a way to show off your braiding skills? Try this Fishtail Chignon.
We especially love this braided updo (created exclusively for TheBeautyBean by hairstylist extraordinaire, Mika Fowler) because of its wet styling technique, meaning we can go strait from shower to show-stopping, without having to pull out the blowdryer first. (Our less damaged tresses are pumped too!)
As Mika explains, “this look is the perfect hairstyle for a day at the pool or the beach, it requires no products just hair ties and bobby pins!” – we concur!
How To DIY A Fishtail Chignon
- Starting with wet hair, create a deep part on your preferred side.
- Secure the hair into a tight low side ponytail.
- Begin to create a fishtail braid and braid it all the way to the end.
- Tie the end of the braid with a hair-tie to secure it.
- Grab the braid and loop it around itself in order to form the fishtail chignon.
- Hold the fishtail chignon in place and use bobby pins to secure tightly.