DIY The Twisted Half-Up Half-Down Seen At Altuzarra Spring/Summer 2016
The New York Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2016 Backstage Beauty Report: 5-Strand Braid
Designer: Altuzarra Spring/Summer 2016
Lead Hair Stylist: Odile Gilbert for Moroccanoil
The Scoop: Cool and of-the-street, this Twisted Half-Up Half-Down hairstyle is inspired by the natural, easy and unstructured hair of folk rock musicians. Better yet: it’s super-easy to DIY at home and works on all hair textures!
How To DIY Altuzarra’s Twisted Half-Up Half-Down
- Starting with damp hair, use your fingers to comb Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream through strands from root-to-tip.
- Mist a few pumps of Moroccanoil Heat Styling Protection throughout the hair to help create a rough and natural texture.
- Rough dry the entire head using a diffuser attachment. Gently twist random sections with fingers as you go to enhance the natural-looking effect without building volume.
- With each hand, grab a section of hair from the front of each side of the head. Begin to pull these two sections of the hair away from the face, twisting them back and away from the face. Secure low with a clear elastic, creating a “V” shape with the hair. Leaving the remaining hair loose and draped down the back.
- Set the twisted style with a few mists of Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray.
- With fingers, pull wisps of hair out of the front hairline to frame the face.
Recommended For You…