DIY Kate Mara’s Side Swept Braid
Want something to do with long bangs or looking for a way to spruce up your short do? Try this side swept braid hairstyle.
Created by Matrix Celebrity Stylist Nick Stenson for Kate Mara’s appearance on The Late Late Show with James Corden, it’s perfect for everything from day-old hair you just need off of your face to your next glam event!
How To DIY Kate Mara’s Side Swept Braid
- Apply volumizing spray evenly through damp hair.
- Blow dry hair with a round brush held vertically to add texture to the hair.
- Once dry, apply a small amount of Matrix Style Link Texture Builder to hair for grip.
- On the right side from the hair line, create a braid to the curve of the head. Pin the tail of the braid under the nape of the head.
- Repeat on the opposite side leaving small pieces of hair out between the braid. Secure the braid.
- Take a 1 inch marcel iron and wrap random sections of hair around it, leaving the ends loose.
- Once the hair is curled, apply a small amount of Matrix Style Link Mineral Booster to loosen curls and add texture.
- Finish by tucking the hair behind the ear and spray with Matrix Style Link Style Fixer Finishing Spray.
Recommended For You…