Here’s How To DIY Charlotte Ronson’s Sleek, Low Pontails
When most of us think of ponytails, we think of gym-ready hairstyles or our go-to hairstyle for bad hair days and mornings when we’re running late. Current hair trends, though, are hoping to change that.
Gone are the days of messy, haphazardly pulled together ponytails. Instead, get ready for sleek, sexy ponytails that scream edgy glamour and chic style.
Backstage at Charlotte Ronson’s Fall 2012 runway show TRESemmé Stylist Jeanie Syfu created sleek, slicked back ponytails that impeccably offset Charlotte Ronson’s Fall 2012 collection of 70s inspired refined glamour ripe with edgy accents. The runway collection at Charlotte Ronson included a variety of textures (ranging from leather and knits to sheers and metallics) in rich hues of emerald green, tomato red and purple. But it was the hair trends spotted backstage that had us swooning.
How To DIY The Sleek, Low Ponytails Seen At Charlotte Ronson
1. Start by prepping hair with TRESemmé Split Remedy Leave-In Conditioning Treatment. Apply throughout hair from roots to ends
2. Blow dry hair straight back from forehead, using a flat brush to gently push back.
3. Pull out a few face-framing pieces from the hairline, just in front of the ears for a more windswept look.
4. Apply a small amount of TRESemmé TRES Ultra Firm Control Gel with a color brush to the front hairline, leaving the wispy pieces out.
5. Comb back all the hair flat and gather into a ponytail, securing with a band just above the nape of the neck.
6. Flat iron the ponytail to reduce flyaways, if necessary.
7. Secure the style with a light spritz of TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Finishing Spray.