The New York Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2016 Backstage Beauty Report: How To DIY Hervé Léger’s French Braid Headband
Designer: Hervé Léger
Lead Hair Stylist: TRESemmé Stylist Orlando Pita
The Scoop: Orlando Pita, New York Fashion Week Ambassador for TRESemmé, created a soft French braid headband ending in a long, straight ponytail for the Hervé Léger Spring/Summer 2016 runway show. “We’re embracing a new direction with a more organic quality in our handwork and elements of nature incorporated into the collection so we wanted to collaborate with Orlando on a softer braid and really play with texture more than we have before,” said Lubov Azria, Hervé Léger’s TRESemmé Designer Partner. Or, as Orlando Pita explained, “It’s a new softer look for our Hervé Léger girl this season, she’s still creating a strong statement with the braid but we’ve played with making this more relaxed with purposely pulled out with loose pieces that frame her face and create beautiful movement when she walks.”
How To DIY Hervé Léger’s French Braid Headband
- Start by washing your hair using Perfectly (un)Done Shampoo and Conditioner and towel dry.
- Apply Runway Max The Volume Root Lifting Cream from the roots to ends and blow dry with a round bristle brush.
- Create a deep side part.
- Starting from the crown, begin the French braid headband by French braiding down across the forehead. Feed hair from underneath so the braid is raised up and let a few strands of hair fall onto the forehead to create additional texture.
- Secure the braid into a low pony at the nape of the neck with a small elastic and pull over your shoulder.
- Finish the look by spraying Perfectly (un)Done Ultra Brushable Hold Hair Spray for light hold.
Recommended For You…