Backstage Beauty: Isabel Marant’s Modern Take On 50’s Hair
Designer: Isabel Marant
Lead Hair Stylist: Redken Global Creative Director Guido
The Scoop: While Guido created three different hairstyles for the models at the Isabel Marant Fall/Winter 2016 show, it was this twisted take on a half-up, half-down style that left us swooning. “There’s a boyishness to Isabel’s clothes that is always apparent and the hair exemplifies this essence with a 50’s twist,” said Guido. Using Redken he “interpreted a specific style from a different era and made it innocent, yet edgy and cool at the same time.” We love how wearable and seasonless this style is.
How To DIY Isabel Marant’s Modern Take On 50’s Hair
- Starting with clean damp hair, apply Redken satinwear 02 prepping blow-dry lotion to protect from heat and add shine.
- Blow dry hair straight until dry.
- Create a section of hair on the left side of head.
- Take half of the section and drape it up above eyes, twisting the hair as you pull it to create a loose circular shape.
- Secure with a pin placed just over the ear.