Ponytail Tutorial: The 70s Wavy Ponytail
At the 2015 Leslie Mann paired a 70’s-inspired white Armani tux with a voluminous, wavy ponytail, created by Nexxus New York Salon Care Celebrity Stylist Lona Vigi and, well, we swooned.
Here is Lona’s ponytail tutorial to help you to recreate Leslie Mann’s red carpet-ready 70s-inspired ponytail hairstyle at home.
Ponytail Tutorial: How To DIY Leslie Mann’s Wavy Ponytail
- Start by washing hair with a volumizing shampoo and conditioner.
- On wet hair, create a center part and apply Nexxus® New York Salon Care EXXTRA GEL Superior Hold Sculpting Gel to define the hair around the face and sides for a sleek look.
- Blow dry the hair off the face and spray each section individually with Nexxus® New York Salon Care FRIZZ DEFY Finishing Mist all over to provide humidity-resistance and a natural hold.
- Pull hair back into a ponytail, secured at the middle of the back of the head.
- Curl the ends of the ponytail with a small barrel curling iron to hold and secure the style.
- Brush out the ponytail and backcomb (AKA: tease!) for fullness.
- Finish by spraying with Nexxus® New York Salon Care MAXXIMUM Superior Hold Finishing Mist to provide a defined texture and firm hold that allows the style to stay in place.