The New York Fashion Week Fall/Winter 2015 Backstage Beauty Report: (un)Done Waves
Designer: Banana Republic Fall/Winter 2015
Lead Hair Stylist: TRESemmé Stylist Jeanie Syfu
The Scoop: The Banana Republic Fall/Winter 2015 Collection is the first-ever collection for New York Fashion Week by newly appointed Creative Director Marissa Webb. Known for her industry girl-meets-tomboy aesthetic, Marissa created feminine pieces with a masculine flare that speaks to the “New BR” girl. TRESemmé Stylist, Jeanie Syfu, created two hairstyles that highlight relaxed, loose waves for the girl-on-the-go.
How To DIY (un)Done Waves:
- Apply TRESemmé Perfectly (un)Done Wave Creating Sea Foam to damp hair and begin to dry using hands. Gradually layer TRESemmé Perfectly (un)Done Sea Salt Spray to hair for added texture.
- When hair is almost completely dry, use round brush to finish drying the hair for volume and smooth ends.
- Using a 1-¼ inch curling iron create loose waves by wrapping hair vertically around the barrel leaving ends out; continue curling strands in alternate directions until all hair is curled.
- Brush hair out using a Mason Pearson brush and lightly mist look with TRESemmé Perfectly (un)Done Ultra Brushable Hairspray. Shake out hair with fingers for a messy, undone texture.
- Finish by parting hair to one side and tucking hair behind the ears.