How To Do A High Bun like Kate Bosworth, Jennifer Lopez and Lauren Conrad in 5 Simple Steps
Whether hitting a red carpet or the beach, nothing says sleek summer hair more than a volumous high bun.
Equally classic and chic, celebrities have been sporting the top knot for what seems like decades – and for good reason: the high bun is easy to achieve (well, with the right tools anyway), stays put all day (with the right products) and is universally flattering no matter your face shape since it instantly elongates even the most circular of faces.
Here’s what you need to know to recreate the celebrity top knot style at home.
1. Spray the roots of towel dried hair with a volumizing spray (like DryBar Texas Tea Volumizing Spray) before blowing hair dry. Use a paddle brush to dry hair against your scalp for a sleek, pulled-back finish.
2. Using your paddle brush to smooth out any bumps, pull hair up into a high ponytail and secure with a clear or hair color matching hair elastic.
3. Spray length of ponytail with Garnier Fructis Volume Extend Dry Shampoo. While designed to absorb oil and volumize simultaneously, used on dry hair, this dry shampoo gives hair the perfect amount of workable texture and added volume.
4. If you have thick hair, twist hair until it starts to curl around itself into a bun and secure with Goody Spin Pins. If hair is fine or thin, use a Hot Buns to add the illusion of more hair and to ensure a perfect donut-like shape.
5. Secure top knot with additional hair pins and finish with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Hair Spray for all-day hold.