Get The Look: Feminine Ponytails
When you’re looking for a low-maintenance hairstyle that’s still polished and chic, take note from Redken Creative Consultant Guido who created the minimalistic and modern ponytails on the runway at Jil Sander Spring/Summer 2014.
The polished ponytails, with their soft texture and loosened strands of hair around the face, made the typically sporty hairstyle both feminine and glamorous.
“I wanted the hair to be consistent with Jil Sander’s design aesthetic, so I took a more architectural approach to hair design this season. I avoided hard lines and angles to keep the look pure and soft. The low, sleek ponytail pulled the style together in a sophisticated Jil Sander kind-of-way.”
Runway to Realway: How To DIY The Easy Low Ponytails At Jil Sander
1. Apply Redken satinwear 02 prepping blow-dry lotion to damp hair.
2. Blow-dry hair with a round brush to create a polished finish.
3. Apply a small amount of Redken all soft argan-6 oil to tame frizz and add shine.
4. Create a deep side part.
5. Gather hair into a loose low ponytail, securing hair tie at the nape.
6. Pull out some pieces around the pace to soften the look.