How To DIY Selena Gomez’ Pompadour Braid
If there were a best-hair award at the 2013 MTV Movie Awards, our vote would go to Selena Gomez.
Created by Marissa Marino of the Nine Zero One Salon, Selena’s bold, pompadour-esque braid put a rocker-chic spin on one of summer’s favorite hair styles and, well, it’s high up on our list of ways to spruce up our summer braided hairstyles too!
Here’s how to recreate the look from the woman behind Selena Gomez’ pompadour braid…
1. Section off hair from the front of your hairline and sprinkle it with the UNITE Expanda Dust ($26.25) to create the pompadour. Tease it back, using a comb, before pinning it with a bobby pin to secure it in place.
2. Divide the rest of the hair into five small ponytails down the center of your head.
3. Create a French braid with the five ponytails.
4. Spray with UNITE Session Max Hairspray ($29.95) to tame frizz.
5. To make the braid look undone, pull it apart and pin these pieces down, using bobby pins.
6. Finish with the UNITE Max Control Hairspray ($27.50) to secure.