How To DIY The Perfect Knotted Fishtail Chignon
If you have long hair and are looking for a new updo hairstyle, check out the knotted fishtail chignon.
“The knotted fishtail chignon is a lovely hairstyle for all you long-haired ladies,” explains Roxie Jane Hunt, contributor for Latest-Hairstyles.com. “The best part is that you can take this unique updo from a cozy daytime style to haute evening look. This hairstyle consists of fishtail braids, knots, and a subtle twist and pin. All you need to get started are some clear hair ties, a few large hair pins, and a good texturizing braid spray.”
Knotted Fishtail Chignon Tutorial
- Flip your head upside down and spray the hair with a texture spray to add some grip to your strands.
- Part the hair down the back and create two side-by-side fishtail braids. Secure the ends with clear elastics.
- Starting at the ends and working your way up, gently pull the braids apart a bit. This will add texture and fatten them up a bit.
- Take your braids and tie them in a traditional knot once, and then again. If your braids are long enough, tie a third knot. Don’t pull the knots too tightly and make sure to leave the ends free.
- Take the whole knot in one hand and gently roll it in towards your head, tucking the ends so they are hidden.
- Secure the knotted fishtail chignon in place with hair pins until it feel secure.