Backstage Beauty Report: Modern Waves, Set With Foil
Designer: Monique Lhullier
Lead Hair Stylist: Bob Recine for Moroccanoil
The Scoop: To offset Monique Lhullier’s psychedelic and feminine collection, Bob Recine created soft modern waves for a 70s look with a modern twist. Really setting the look apart: the technique, which was set with aluminum foil!
How To DIY Modern Waves With Aluminum Foil
- Prep damp hair with Moroccanoil Treatment and Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse.
- Take a 1” section of hair and mist with Moroccanoil Luminious Hairspray before creating an S-shape and clipping the section to the head. Continue until all the hair is clipped.
- Apply a piece of foil to each section and use a hairdryer to dry, heat, and set the wave.
- Once hair is dry, remove the clips and foil.
- Gently separate the hair to reveal soft, modern waves.
- Add a dime size amount of Moroccanoil Smoothing Lotion to finish.
Recommended For You…