Get The Look: Marissa Webb’s 5-Strand Braid
Designer: Marissa Webb
Lead Hair Stylist: TRESemmé Stylist Jeanie Syfu
The Scoop: Marissa Webb’s Spring/Summer 2015 Collection is a variety of edgy, “downtown” separates for the creative woman on-the-go. Marissa pairs defined silhouettes with playful hemlines to bring the urban aesthetic to life. TRESemmé Stylist Jeanie Syfu created two hairstyles that encompass both a gritty vibe and a feminine twist to complete the look.
How To DIY A 5-Strand Braid
- Prep damp hair with TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Mousse and rough-dry the lengths with fingers for texture and lift. Finish blow-dry with a round brush at the hairline for a soft, airy perimeter of wisps.
- Once hair is dry, create a deep side part on the right side of the head, then back-brush hair for extra volume and spray lightly with TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Hair Spray.
- Divide hair into five equal strands at the nape of the neck and begin weaving the farthest right section over and under each part, working your way to the left.
- Take the furthest left section of hair and weave over and under each part, working your way to the right.
- Repeat steps four and five until braid is complete, leaving ends loose and fasten with a clear elastic.
- Loosen braid by gently pulling apart and leave airy wisps to frame the face. Mist finished look with TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Hair Spray.