Get The Look: Braided Silk Chignon
Designer: Alice + Oliva
Lead Hair Stylist: Michael Dueñas, Schwarzkopf Professional Brand Ambassador
The Scoop: “Create a subtle statement by braiding silk scarves into a classic chignon,” says Michael Dueñas.
How To DIY A Braided Silk Chignon
- Start by applying two golf-ball sized portions of OSiS+ Grip Extreme Hold Mousse ($19) to dry hair from scalp to ends for control and shine.
- Part hair in the middle.
- Dry hair flat towards the forehead using the SKP-PRO Heat Dryer Powered by FHI ($165).
- Gather hair into a low tight ponytail. Secure with hook elastic.
- Fold a scarf to match the length of hair and pull through the elastic to secure to ponytail.
- With the scarf in the middle, section the ponytail into two parts, creating a three-section braid. Braid to the ends.
- Wrap braid into a tight bun and secure with large pins.
- Hide the ends of scarf inside the bun and tuck loose hair behind ears.
- Finish and polish the look with OSiS+ Elastic Flexible Hold Hairspray ($19).