Get The Fashion Week Look: The Futuristic Ponytail
Lead Hair Stylist: Redken Creative Consultant Guido
The Scoop: Inspired by the modern day woman, Redken Creative Consultant Guido created a polished, futuristic, modern ponytail for Diesel’s Spring/Summer 2015 show. “My job as a hairdresser is to update the ponytail to make it more relevant for today’s woman. This ponytail that I created for Diesel is very groomed and classic, but slightly futuristic. The two distinct textures – shiny and matte – and the deep side part make it a very depersonalized, exact look,” said Guido.
How To DIY A Futuristic Ponytail
- Apply a nickel-size amount of satinwear 02 prepping blow-dry lotion to damp hair and comb through.
- Using a fine-tooth comb, create a deep side part.
- Blowdry hair straight using a boar bristle brush.
- Brush hair back into a low ponytail, using a boar bristle brush to smooth out any bumps.
- Secure ponytail at the base of the head using a small black elastic.
- Flatiron the length of the ponytail until it is straight and smooth.
- Finish with a generous mist of forceful 23 super strength hairspray all over the top of the head to create a shiny, sleek look.