Get The Look: Easy California Hair
The New York Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2015 Backstage Beauty Report: Sleek, Straight, Hair with a Fresh and Easy Bounce
Designer: Trina Turk
Lead Hair Stylist: Esther Langham for Beauty.com
The Scoop: Inspired by the ‘girl next door, going to a flower or farmer’s market,’ models at Trina Turk’s Spring/Summer 2015 runway show were all about a fresh ease and California effortlessness. Stylist Esther Langham wants wearers to feel like they “just stepped off the beach, with a little luxury added.” She goes on to say that there’s a “coolness about it.” Straight is great, but the look has more movement to it, a bit of lift, and is more graphic than a typical pin-straight look. And, ladies, this one’s super fun and easy to do at home!
How To DIY Easy California Hair
- Apply PHYTO Professional Internse Volume Mousse on wet hair and work back into the roots. Then, apply the PHYTO Phytovolume Actif Volumizing Spray from the middle of the hair down to the tips
- Next, section the hair off at the nape of the neck, using a medium round brush from T3. Then, blow dry the hair back with the T3 Featherweight Luxe 2i.
- Once each section is dry, set the hair by pinning it up. This will also help keep volume in the hair. The goal is to achieve volume, smoothness, and bounce. (Note: for wavy or curly haired gals, use the T3 SinglePass Straightening and Styling Iron.)
- After taking the clip out, finish the look by applying PHYTO Professional Glossing Cream onto the roots and the PHYTO Phytolisse Ultra-Glossing Finishing Serum through the hair to the ends.
- Part the hair in the center, which adds an extra bit of structure to the look.
- Secure a wide hair band at the crown (or tie a scarf tightly).
- Finish with PHYTO PROFESSIONAL Workable Holding Spray, which works to hold the look in place.
Photography Credit: Style.com (left) and Beauty.com