Get The Look: Mod Mohawk Buns
Designer: Marc by Marc Jacobs
Lead Hair Stylist: Redken Creative Consultant Guido
The Scoop: Inspired by from Björk and the neo-hippie phase of the late-80’s, Redken Creative Consultant Guido created a mod-Mohawk with an innocent, girly vibe for the Marc by Marc Jacobs Spring/Summer 2015 show. Mixing girly with punk, this charming style looks like it came from a rave to the runway for a young, fun look with a hint of toughness.
How To DIY Mod Mohawk Buns
- Wash hair with Diamond Oil High Shine Shampoo and Conditioner and let air dry.
- Liberally spray wind blown 05 dry finishing spray all over the hair to add texture and grip.
- Divide the hair into four horizontal sections, using small elastics to put each section into a ponytail.
- Twist each tiny pony tail down into bun and secure with small U-pins, leaving the ends of the hair sticking out to make it look more like a Mohawk.
- Spray wind blown 05 dry finishing spray on the ends of the hair to create piecey texture.
- Wet fingertips with water and pull out the baby hairs around the face for a messy, almost sweaty finished look.