Get The Look: Polished Beach Waves
Designer: Jill Stuart
Lead Hair Stylist: James Pecis for Moroccanoil
The Scoop: Jill Stuart’s RTW Spring/Summer 2015 Collection was inspired by Jerry Hall on a beach at night—half sandy, half glam. Lead Stylist James Pecis for Moroccanoil complemented the collection with sexy and luxe Jerry Hall-like waves with a fresh, youthful twist to evoke the idea of unleashing your inner animal.
How To DIY Polished Beach Waves
- Starting with damp hair, create a deep center part. For all-over volume, apply Moroccanoil Root Boost from root-to-tip of damp strands.
- Next, apply Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse to the roots for smooth, controlled volume at the hairline.
- Blow dry hair straight using Moroccanoil Large Barrel Brush.
- Wrap 1” sections loosely around a 11/4” barrel curling iron to create tousled looking waves; set with clips. Allow to cool and then let strands down.
- Delicately brush out waves using the Moroccanoil Boar Bristle Classic Brush. This will give the hair a soft, glam texture.
- Apply a dime-sized amount of Moroccanoil Curl Defining Cream to hands and using fingers smooth the hair ends and flyaways, and then add a bit of rough texture to the pieces around the face.
Photos by Stephen Churchill Downes for Moroccanoil