How To DIY A Sleek Ponytail (With A Twist!)
Designer: Cushnie et Ochs
Lead Hair Stylist: Antonio Corral Calero, Moroccanoil Global Creative Director
The Scoop: The Cushnie et Ochs Spring/Summer 2015 Collection is inspired by Cleopatra in the desert sunset and the hair, a simple, sleek ponytail – with a twist – was similarly designed to invoke Ancient Egyptian Mythology and the sexiness of Cleopatra.
How To DIY Sleek Ponytail (With A Twist!)
- Apply Moroccanoil Treatment to damp hair to condition and hydrate strands for easier styling
- Next, spritz Moroccanoil Heat Styling Protection and Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine throughout entire head to help achieve maximum hold and control
- Blow dry hair smooth using Moroccanoil Boar Bristle Brush and finish with spray of Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray
- Pull hair into tight ponytail at the crown using Moroccanoil Boar Bristle Paddle Brush and secure with bungee elastic
- Next, take 1” section of ponytail and spray with Moroccanoil Heat Styling Protection for long-lasting hold. Wrap hair around the elastic and secure
- Using a ceramic hair styling iron straighten the ponytail in 1” sections for a super-straight, sleek style
- With second elastic, secure hair 1½” from base. Gently loosen section between elastics to create voluminous, “puffed” element of sophistication at the top of the ponytail. Pin elastic to hair underneath.
- Finish with spritz of Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine for a luminous, gilded finish and Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray for long-lasting hold