The New York Fashion Week Fall/Winter 2015 Backstage Beauty Report: Sleek Looped Ponytail
Lead Hair Stylist: Odile Gilbert for Kenra Professional
The Scoop: Filled with Caribbean colors against a muted backdrop, the SUNO Fall/Winter 2015 collection features graphic primaries including red, yellow, blue and green, grounded in solid black and white. SUNO designers Max Osterweis and Erin Beatty incorporate elements of madness – inspired by Bertha Mason, the insane first wife of Edward Rochester in Charlotte Brontë’s Jane Eyre – throughout the collection with seams pulling apart, unlikely combinations of print and trims, and structured silhouettes that then give way.
How To DIY A Sleek Looped Ponytail
- Begin with dry hair. Brush through it before spraying Kenra Platinum Dry Shampoo to refresh the hair.
- For finer hair that has a bit more oil and impurities at the roots, apply Kenra Platinum Texture Powder 4 to alleviate it.
- Next, spray Kenra Platinum Style Prep (launching in May 2015) all over the hair to provide an even canvas for styling.
- To achieve a sleek, slicked back look, spray Kenra Hot Spray 20 on the hair before flat ironing it section by section. (If you have curly hair, apply Kenra Platinum Blow Dry Spray – which also provides thermal protection – and blow dry your hair straight before flat ironing it.)
- Slick hair from the front to the back with a comb and the Kenra Volume Mousse 12.
- Continue to comb the hair back while applying Kenra Platinum Texturizing Taffy 13.
- As needed, use Kenra Platinum Working Spray 14 to maintain the hold and keep the hair in place.
- Once the hair is pulled back, as desired, use a blow drying to set it and hold it in place.
- Then, gather your hair at the back into a low ponytail and secure it with an elastic.
- Look the tail of your ponytail upwards and clip it into a beret, allowing for movement of hair in the ends.
- Spray Kenra Volume Spray 25 all over to set the style, with heavier application at the top of the head to provide maximum hold.