Get The Look: Embellished + Textured Half-Up Half-Down Hair
Designer: Cushnie et Ochs Fall/Winter 2015
Lead Hair Stylist: Antonio Corral Calero for Moroccanoil
The Scoop: Inspired by the contrasting textures found in space, the hair style showcases the duality of soft and strong—distinctly different, but undeniably connected.
How To DIY A Embellished + Textured Half-Up Half-Down Hairstyle
- Starting with dry hair, lightly mist hair from mid lengths to ends with Moroccanoil Root Boost to give texture and soft definition.
- Create a deep side part and generously apply Moroccanoil Styling Gel directly to roots while smoothing hair down flat.
- Comb hair back off the face and tuck behind ears; secure with a bobby pin.
- Using large, 2” barrel curling iron, create slight bend at mid-lengths of hair for a loose piece-y wave. The key is to keep the waves beach-y and soft to contrast the sleek sophistication of the lacquered wet look.
- For hold and strong division of the two hair textures, geometrically arrange bobby pins around back of head from ear-to-ear.
- Finish with an all over mist of Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray for lacquer like finish and strong, long-lasting hold.