The New York Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2016 Backstage Beauty Report: Undone Ballerina Bun
Designer: Ryan Roche
Lead Hair Stylist: James Pecis for Beauty.com using PHYTO
The Scoop: The beauty look at Ryan Roche’s spring/summer 2016 show at NY Fashion Week was “90s minimalist, like a ballerina student between rehearsals.” But don’t worry, you can leave your tutu at home and let your hair down (well, a bit anyway!).
How To DIY A 90s Undone Ballerina Bun
- Prep hair with Phytovolume Actif Volumizing Spray and rough dry it in. Give the hair a natural and easy center part.
- Take a 1″ curling iron, bump up the front part of the hair to create more texture and give a natural wave to the hair.
- Work Phyto Professional Matte Texturizing Paste through the ends.
- Pull the hair back into a low ponytail and roughly twist down to loop the hair into a low knot. To make the hair look as natural as possible, leave out 2 inches toward the end of the twist so it sticks out on the right side.
- Finish the undone ballerina bun by misting Phytolaque Soie Hairspray to keep in place