The New York Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2016 Backstage Beauty Report: Fabric-Embellished Top Knot
Designer: Sandy Liang
Lead Hair Stylist: O&M Global Creative Director Janelle Chaplin
The Scoop: The Spring/Summer 2016 Sandy Liang collection explores the feminine simplicity of beauty that can be incorporated into any style. “The styles are about ease that have a messy, polished feel that can be adapted to any look,” says O&M’s Global Creative Director Janelle Chaplin, who created two natural looks to complement the designer’s effortless, downtown chic aesthetic. The overall hair look: downtown glam; pretty and feminine with a rugged, boyish feel. Our favorite of the two looks: the fabric-embellished top knot!
How To DIY A Fabric-Embellished Top Knot
- Start by creating a second-day gritty hair texture by using a combination of water, O&M Surf Bomb and O&M Atonic Thickening Spritz.
- Rough dry the hair with a dryer to enhance more natural texture.
- Flip head upside down and run fingers through the hair with O&M Frizzy Logic. Pull hair into a pony tail using a hair tie and secure in place one inch from the hairline, leaving a dusting of hair around the hairline.
- Separate the pony tail into two pieces and tightly twist hair and wrap around the base of the pony tail letting it fall into place.
- Secure in place using bobby pins.
- Tie a piece of thick fabric in a knot at the front of the top knot.