Get The Look: Sleek Waves
Designer: Zac Posen
Lead Hair Stylist: Odile Gilbert for Moroccanoil
The Scoop: To complement Zac Posen’s FW15 collection, Odile Gilbert created a “controlled glamour” sleek waves hairstyle that is modern and masculine in the front and feminine and chic in the back.
How To DIY Zac Posen’s Sleek Waves
- Begin on dry hair. Section 1” pieces of hair and mist with Moroccanoil Heat Styling Protection. Then wrap the section around a 1.5” barrel curling iron, and repeat until the entire head is curled.
- Once cooled, brush through hair with Moroccanoil Boar Bristle Classic Brush to create soft cascading waves.
- Create a deep left part. Using a fine tooth comb and a generous amount of Moroccanoil Styling Gel in Strong, slick back the hair on the left side of the head from temple to ear. Work in sections to ensure the hair stays put.
- Repeat this process to slick the larger section of hair on the right side of the head. The result should be sleek waves with a high-shine finish.
- Once the gel has set, re-brush the waves at the back of the head to ensure movement.
- Finish by setting the entire style with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray.