NY Fashion Week Conspired To Bring Us This Braided Brilliance
Designer: Christian Siriano
Lead Hair Stylist: Anthony Cole, Sebastian Professional International Artist
The Scoop: Christian Siriano’s Fall/Winter 2016 collection was inspired by the different techniques of knitting and weaving in fabrications. The designer looked at different ways to knit, twist and manipulate fabric into pieces that had structure, but were still soft and elegant. Anthony Cole mirrored Christian Siriano’s vision, creating an androgynous braided hairstyle with a touch of softness. “I wanted the style to emulate Christian’s collection and vision. We added the androgynous feel with the hard part, but kept the look soft using braids. The back is feminine, keeping the softness throughout the style,” said Cole.
How To DIY The Knitted Braids At Christian Siriano’s Fall/Winter 2016 Show At New York Fashion Week
- On damp hair mist Sebastian Trilliant. Then apply Sebastian Mousse Forte. Blow dry clean and straight.
- Take an off-centered section, starting from half inch to 1 inch past the crown of the head and tuck it away. On the left side, starting from the temple, take a diagonal section all the way from the temple to the nape of the neck and tuck away.
- Brush the remaining hair into a side part and put into a temporary ponytail while creating your braid at the part and at the temple using Sebastian Eruptek.
- Fasten both braids at the bottom, leaving them loose.
- Remove temporary ponytail and brush hair, as if you would pony everything together (including the 2 braided pieces). Then take 4-strand sections making a woven 4-strand braid all the way through and fasten at the bottom. (Not sure how to DIY a 4-strand braid, a traditional braid will do too!)
- Rub Sebastian Eruptek onto the braid and open it up and achieve explosive texture and expansive volume in the look. Make the braid flat and wide to give it a woven, dry look.
- Finish the braided hairstyle with Sebastian Zero-Gravity and over lay Sebastian Shine Shaker for a soft shine.