The New York Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2016 Backstage Beauty Report: The Back Knot
Designer: Nicholas K Spring/Summer 2016
Lead Hair Stylist: Macadamia Professional International Creative Director Giannandrea
The Scoop: Giannandrea made the “The Back Knot” a Fashion Week must-have at the Nicholas K Spring/Summer 2016 show this morning with his modern twist on the classic top knot. While Giannandrea relied on clip in hair extensions to get this look, it’s easily modified without, if desired.
How To DIY The Back Knot
- Slightly dampen hair with water and create a center part.
- Evenly distribute Macadamia Professional Foaming Volumizer from the roots to the ends.
- Section hair from top of head to ears, combing down from the part. Take back, large sections and blow dry using a diffuser and a paddle brush.
- For heat protection and added shine, apply Macadamia Professional Nourishing Moisture Oil Spray onto dried hair.
- Run a flatiron through all sections to straighten hair.
- Gather all hair at the nape of the neck using the paddle brush and create a tight, low ponytail. Secure the ponytail in place with an elastic and reinforce with pins, as needed. (If desired, secure extensions into the elastic as well.)
- Take a small section of the hair to hold aside.
- With remaining hair in the pony, create a loose loop and secure with another elastic.
- Wrap the small section of loose hair around the elastic, securing it with a pin.
- Spray with Macadamia Professional Style Lock Strong Hold Hairspray for lasting placement.