The New York Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2016 Backstage Beauty Report: The Double-Wrapped Ponytail
Designer: Paul Andrew
Lead Hair Stylist: O&M Global Creative Director Janelle Chaplin
The Scoop: To complement the Spring/Summer 2016 Paul Andrew collection, which was inspired by “the gateway between East meets West – Hong Kong, a city that captivates the global imagination with its intersection of craft, tradition and technology,” O&M’s Global Creative Director Janelle Chaplin created a double-wrapped ponytail that was structured, sleek, and elegant.
How To DIY A 5-Strand Braid
- Begin with towel dried hair or spray hair with water before coating hair with O&M Project Sukuroi.
- Blow-dry balm into hair using a round brush to smooth hair and add shine.
- Straighten hair with a flat-iron.
- Create a center part and take two large front sections of the hair and pull back behind the ears.
- Section the back of the hair in half. Secure a top ponytail at the center crown of the head and secure the lower ponytail at the bottom center, above the neck.
- Wrap a small section of hair around the base of both ponytails and secure with a bobby pin.
- Connect the two front center sections, upper and lower pony tails together and secure with a hair tie at the base of the head.
- Secure the double-wrapped ponytail in place using O&M Original Queenie Firm Hold Hairspray.
For more ponytail hairstyles, check out The Victoria Beckham Half-Ponytail!