Challenged By French Braids? Try This Easy Knotted Braid Instead!
Designer: The Brock Collection
Lead Hair Stylist: James Pecis
The Scoop: Inspired by the romantic and whimsical line from the first The Brock Collection runway show, lead stylist James Pecis created a fluffy, loose, knot braid. The end result was ethereal, with a brocade barrette to match.
How To DIY A Knotted Braid
- Well in advance, Pecis encourages models to take Viviscal hair supplements to help achieve and maintain luscious, thick locks.
- On damp hair, apply a few pumps (depending on thickness of hair) of Viviscal Gorgeous Growth Densifying Elixir and blow dry hair.
- Loosely wave the hair with a 1″ curling iron emphasizing 3 bumps at the front.
- Separate two sections from the front and tie a square knot just below the crown of the head.
- Continue to tie knots, adding in hair from each side until you reach the base of the neck and tie off with a clear hair tie.
- Gently loosen hair around the face and back of neck for a softer, undone look.
- Accessorize with a horizontal hair pin, if desired.