Get The Look: J. Mendel’s Twisted French Chignon
Designer: J. Mendel
Lead Hair Stylist: James Pecis for Beauty.com using PHYTO
The Scoop: Inspired by a “French Vogue 70’s Woman,” this Twisted French Chignon seen at New York Fashion Week for spring/summer 2015 is an updated version of the classic chignon, designed to complement the designer’s ultra-feminine collection.
How To DIY A Twisted French Chignon
- Part clean hair to the left side.
- From the crown of the head moving towards the back, pull hair into a low ponytail, leaving free sections on both sides of the head.
- Section by section, use PHYTO Professional Wet Gel to saturate the hair inside of the ponytail to create a smooth and sleek look.
- Use the PHYTO Professional Wet Gel again to saturate the hair on either side of the head.
- Comb and blowdry the hair in the front section to the right, using cold air to create wave.
- Twist both sections of hair on either side of the head away from the face and towards the ponytail.
- Separate the ponytail into two pieces and twist into a rope braid while using PHYTO 9 to smooth the strands.
- Secure the rope braid and twist it into a chignon.
- Finish your Twisted French Chignon with PHYTO Phytolaque Soie Hairspray and PHYTO Huile Soyeuse Lightweight Hydrating Oil for added shine.