Thick, long, fluffy, flirty lashes. Is there anything better? Mascara, though, just doesn’t give us lashes like Amber Katz’s – and she’s pretty much the barometer by which we measure how much we love our lashes. And individual eyelash extensions, to which Alexis Wolfer is a recent convert thanks to Amber and, more essentially, Christian Zamora at the Courtney Akai Lash Boutique (more details coming soon!), are pricey and time consuming (individual lash extension at Courtney Akai range from $125 – $500 and take about 2 hours to apply… although they last up to 8 weeks!)
For all of you wanting faux-lashes, though, but don’t have the time or money to spend on upkeep, there is a middle ground: strip lash extensions – although it’s essential to know exactly how to apply fake eyelashes seamlessly, which, thankfully, Linda Tical of Goddess Lashes (the geniuses behind the Mink Lashes, which were created as a high-end alternative to individual lash extensions using naturally shedding hair from a live mink with no harm done to the animal!) can tell us all about!
How To Apply Fake Eyelashes: 10 Tips For Flawless Faux Lashes
1. Soften the band of lashes to give it a curve.
2. Measure the length of your eyes and trim lashes if needed from outer end.
3. If needed curl your lashes with a heated eyelash curler (just it under hot water or blast it with your blow dryer for a couple of seconds).
4. Dab a very thin line of glue on the lash line and wait a few seconds till glue gets tacky.
5. Apply lashes by pressing the lashes as close to your lash line as possible, holding them in place until they set.
6. Be gentle when removing your lashes by softening the adhesive with oil free make up remover before removing.
7. Remove any excess glue from the lashes with a tweezer and from your lid with a q-tip soaked in oil free make up remover.
8. Avoid getting your fake eyelashes wet as it may ruin the shape and curl of your lashes.
9. Do not use mascara.
10. Store your fake lashes in the original case to prevent collection of dust and bacteria.