Get The Look: MONSE Maison Makeup
Designer: MONSE Maison
Lead Makeup Artist: butter LONDON’s lead makeup artist, Katie Jane Hughes
The Scoop: The MONSE Maison makeup at NY Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2016 was inspired by the moody, sexy and relaxed detailing of the collection. To offset the bold look, the nail was kept sleek, muted and polished. It’s “a nod to the 60s, the floating crease was inspired by the stripes in the collection, countered with a light mauve-y nude stain on the lip. This spring will focus on dark details to offset fresh skin and lips,” said Hughes.
How To DIY The MONSE Maison Makeup
- Using butter LONDON Smoke Stick in Night Shift (Matte Black smoke shade), lightly sweep product into the natural crease of the eye as a base.
- Using MAC Fix+, wet a skinny eyeliner brush and create a paste with the black shade from butter LONDON ShadowClutch Duo in Up All Night. Focus brush through the center of the crease to intensify the middle of the line.
- With a Q-Tip dipped in Bioderma, press off excess with fingers and sharpen the crease line.
- Finish eye with two coats of butter LONDON Double Decker Mascara (NEW Spring ‘16) on top lashes only.
- Apply Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder with fingers, working from center of the face outwards.
- Using Charlotte Tilbury The Retoucher, conceal blemishes and under eye circles.
- Remove shine by buffing in Laura Mercier translucent loose powder for a velvety finish.
- Spritz skin with Skyn Iceland Facial Mist to remove any visible powder from the skin’s surface.
- Skim MAC Brow Set in Clear delicately through the brow for a natural, bushy brow effect.
- Use your finger to press butter LONDON Plush Rush Lipstick in Buzzed (NEW Spring ‘16) into the top and bottom lip.
- Lightly press butter LONDON Plush Rush Lipstick in Free (NEW Spring ‘16) over the top of the darker shade to create a mauve-y nude lip.
- Want to try this look before these launch? Use Bloody Brilliant Lip Crayon in Tea with the Queen!